When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


12/1/09

Grace

Thank God for grace. Sometimes it takes a 2 year old to show me how to extend it.

If you've read my recent posts, you would know that Parker delights in making messes. Today I found him standing on Maddie's toy kitchenette wiping what looked like red water all over the wall. Upon further inspection, I found a popsicle stick floating in a decorative urn atop the kitchen. He was wiping the popsicle water on the wall, kitchen and himself. I lost it. I yelled; I sent him to his room; I refused to give him toys in his crib for nap time. "Why are you making all these messes?!" I demanded.

He gave me a huge, genuine smile and said, "Just because!" It was said in the same sweet tone a husband might use if he brought flowers home for his wife unexpectedly. It was not malicious in the least. It was "just because."

I tucked him in for nap and sighed, "I love you...Even if I don't like your behavior sometimes." As I turned my back and walked toward his door, I heard him smack his lips and blow. He loves me despite my behavior, too. Thank goodness.

I blew a kiss back.

No comments:

Post a Comment