When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


12/8/09

Proud Every Day II - DINKS

We used to be D.I.N.K.S...you know, double-income-no-kids. I am embarrassed to admit that I have no idea how I spent all of that money. Now that I am a stay-at-home-mom and we have two more mouths to feed, things are very different. Our spending money is now a drop in the bucket in comparison to just a few years ago (but I promise I'm not complaining - just read on).

Aaron used to invest in a lot of "stuff." He was way into everything...every sport, every hobby. And he had every piece of gear imaginable. Recently, he decided to sell some pricey mountaineering gear. He didn't make a big deal out of it, but he basically felt it wouldn't be responsible for him to go mountaineering when he was the sole provider for three other people. It made me sad (for him) and proud (of him) at the same time. He never complained.

Tonight we learned about a family in our church that is experiencing a rough time. You just wouldn't believe their story if I told you. You know the saying, "When it rains, it pours"? Well let's just say it's been monsoon season at their house for over a year.

When I talked to Aaron about it tonight, asking if he thought we could do anything to help them, he pulled out a huge wad of cash. He said he had been saving his spending money for a few months now and combined with the money from his mountaineering gear, we should be able to help them out.

If you've been keeping up with my posts, you may recall Aaron said Parker made him proud every day. Well, I know where Parker gets his huge heart, and his daddy makes me proud every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment