When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


2/3/10

Only God knows...


If you've ever looked on Blogger, you may notice you can press "Next Blog" at the top and come to another, totally random blog. Maybe it was the one created a millisecond after your own. Maybe it is the one who just published a new post. I don't know. Anyway, I ended up on some random blog today.

The way this mother was describing her girl brought tears to my eyes and a memory to my mind.

I remember when Parker first started to talk, and I mean really talk and hold conversations. He was engaged in some pretend play in the living room. He was turned away from me, talking to his toys in his high-pitched, sweet little boy voice.

I remember that exact moment. The tightness in my chest. The sting in my eyes. Parker was not my own. The realization took my breath away. He was growing and changing. He had his own thoughts and words and life.

I was jealous of God in that moment and also grateful for His presence. I realized He will share times with Parker that I never will. I can't even describe the peace and joy I felt knowing the Creator of the universe cares enough to listen in on my little boy's secret conversations.

Psalm 139:4-6 (New International Version)

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

No comments:

Post a Comment