When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


7/19/10

A Star Hero

It had been a long day. A good day, but a long one. I had a headache and just wanted to get home and put the kids to bed.

"mama?" came a small voice from the backseat.

"Yes?"

"Mama?" A little louder.

"Yes, Maddie?"

"MAMA!" "Mommy!" Now both children where yelling.

"What is it, Maddie?!" I turned to see them smiling.

Parker had heard the edge in my voice. (It would have been hard to miss.)

"We're just cheering for you, mama."

"Cheering for me?"Check Spelling

"Yeah, 'cause you're a star hero!"

Hmmm. Funny, it didn't sound much like cheering. In fact, it strongly resembled the demanding wail they so often employ to elicit attention. Oh well. If he says it's a cheer, I'll take the compliment. It's not every day someone calls me a "star hero"!

No comments:

Post a Comment