When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


8/3/10

Boys are Magic

Tonight as I was tucking him into bed, Parker reached up and touched my head to stroke my hair - such a sweet gesture. However, he quickly withdrew his hand, his brow furrowed.

"Mommy, you have to wash your hair because it has poo [pool] chemicals in it."

We had been swimming less than an hour before bed, and my hair was still wet.

He thoughtfully touched his own head.
"But I don't have to because my hair is already dry. It's magic. Girls don't have magic hair. Just boys. Sometimes my hair changes in different ways."

Though I can't say I am thrilled about Parker's hair changing "in different ways" [read: Daddy gave Parker a buzz cut when Mommy was out of town], I will agree with him on one point: He is magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment