When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


1/3/11

Chupacabra

Parker has recently become very interested in Scooby Doo cartoons. His current favorite episode (which we watch over and over and over courtesy of streaming Netflix) is set in Mexico. The gang has to solve the mystery of the Chupacabra (a bigfoot-type creature). It is quite large, hairy, and scary. It has sharp, pointy teeth and roars loudly. Parker loves it.

He loves it so much, in fact, that we often have Chupacabra re-enactments in our home. Parker chooses the cast (usually Aaron is the Chupacabra and the rest of us are "the gang"), sets the stage (usually involving an elaborate trap of tape and string), and directs the show ("No, no, no! The Chupacabra roars like this...").

The other day, he decided I was to be the Chupacabra. He tied me up to the bathroom vanity (which was perfect since I was cleaning it anyway) and shut the door. A short time later, I heard him say so sweetly, "Come here, Maddie. I have something I wanna show ya. C'mon!"

I could hear them approaching the door. He stuck his head inside. I could see he was holding Maddie's hand. It was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes.

Then he said, "Oh Chupacabra...I brought a snack for you!" and presented his sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment