When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


6/12/11

Dear Jack

























Dear Jack,


According to my due date calendar, we are going to get to meet you in 46 short days. I just wanted to let you know how excited we all are about your arrival. I want you to know that your dad and I prayed about having you and were thrilled when we found out we were going to be your parents. I want you to know that even though we already have a boy, you are precious and special to us.


Your big brother, Parker, and big sister, Maddie are anxious to meet you. One night as I was cuddling with Parker before bedtime, he inched his way down from my shoulder to my belly button and snuggled against it. I was confused until he explained to me he was cuddling with you, too. Every night when I tuck Maddie in, she calls out, "G'night, Baby Jack!" They both like to give you kisses (through my belly) and to feel you move around. Whenever you kick and their hands are on my stomach to feel it, they laugh and squeal, "He punched me!" Maddie wants to give you a bottle, a bath, and teach you how to go camping. Parker wants to play with you and loves feeding me so that you can eat whatever he gives me through the umbilical cord (but he still calls it an extension cord sometimes).


I have been getting your room ready. I hope you like sock monkeys! They are everywhere. I painted some words on your wall (and will soon paint the monkeys dangling off the words). I put your tiny clothes away and postioned a comfy chair near the window where you will eat and we will cuddle. I love you so much already, little guy. Thanks for joining our family!


2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love. Everything about this makes my heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just teared up... :) so sweet.

    ReplyDelete