When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


4/7/13

Sweet girl

Dear Maddie,

Sometimes I wish I had a video camera permanently attached to my body.  I witness such sweet, tender moments between you and your brothers; I wish the whole world could see them.  They make my heart swell with joy and admiration.

Today, as I was doing some yard work, I watching you and Jack out of the corner of my eye.  You were such a mother hen.  You constantly brought him toys, blankets, even a pillow.  You asked him questions, and though his answers seemed unintelligible to me, it didn't deter you from trying to make conversation with him.  "Do you like the red ball, Jack?"  "Do you want your blankie?"  "Wait here and I'll get your binky."  "Good boy, Jack!"

You held his hand, helped him into the wagon, and played beauty shop on his head with water from the kiddie pool and a comb.

He adored your attention and care.  He followed you everywhere and obeyed your instructions with a huge grin on his face. 

I'm writing this in careful detail because I want you to know that you did, indeed, love each other.  I have no misconceptions about your development.  I realize that when the teenage years hit (or likely, sooner), there will be times when you two will not be able to stand the sight of each other. 

However, in the meantime, I intend to soak up these precious moments and record them for posterity.

I'm so proud of you, sweet girl.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment