When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


3/24/14

Little Preacher

Tonight as we were cleaning up the kitchen, I was lamenting the fact that I had just swept and mopped that morning (not that anyone  could tell).

"I'll help, Mommy," Parker chimed in, and he ran to the pantry for the broom.  As he made small piles all over the kitchen floor, I followed behind, dustpan in hand.

"Mom," he said thoughtfully, "It's kind of like these messes are our sins.  Everyone makes messes every day.  Well, everyone sins, I mean…And it's like this house is God's house…and we are all His children.  We sin every day and he just cleans it all up for us…And He never minds."

I had tears in my eyes.  "I think you're exactly right.  Where did you get that idea?"

"I dunno.  Just popped in my head."

"Parker, I think you'd make a great preacher one day," I commented.

"Well…I already have my job picked out," he replied.

"Oh yeah.  Lego Builder, right?"

"Right."

"Well, maybe you could just preach on weekends."

He thought for a moment.  "Yeah, I could take my kids to a fancy restaurant, like McDonald's, and if we met some people, our kids could play, and if they didn't know about God, I'll gladly tell them.  I might bring my Bible…just in case."

"Good idea, buddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment