When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


8/26/14

A Love Note

Dear Little Loves,

You will be up in a few short hours, full of energy and light and spirit.  And I will be bone tired.  You will be bouncing from one hotel bed to the next, arguing over who gets to push the elevator, and tearing down the hallways.  I will be pulling up the rear.  You will be vying for my attention at every turn.  I will be stifling a yawn.

We are in the midst of our first international move, and life is challenging right now.  You are subject to new rules and no predictable schedule.  We must be quiet in the hotel halls.  We have to wait for repair and delivery people (sometimes in a sweltering house).  We have to go to doctors and dentists.  Mommy has to send emails and fill out forms.  Your friends are in school all day.

It's not fair.  I know.  I get it.  I wish it were different, my lovey doves.  I really do.  Much is beyond my control at the moment.  I can't even control the time I wake in the morning (1AM today).

But I will tell you what I can control, with God's help.  I can control my attitude.  I can control my voice, my expressions, my words.  I will control them today.  If I have to sink to my knees a thousand times, I will do it.  It is both my prayer and my pledge to you, sweet children.  Because you deserve my best.

I didn't give that to you yesterday.  I gave in to my temptation to complain and become bitter and angry and anxious.  I was rude and mean and set a horrible example.  My heart cringed when I heard the way you spoke to one another, mirroring the way I'd lashed out at you.  I'm sorry, my babies.

I'm sorry, but I'm not despairing.  Today is a new day.  I am forgiven and free to start over.  And that's just what I'll do.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Cor  5:17

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past." Isaiah 43:18


No comments:

Post a Comment