When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


8/11/14

Miss you

Dear kids,

Momma misses you so much!
Singapore is really neat!  You are going to love all the sights and sounds and smells.  I can't wait for you to see it! I can't wait to explore with you!

This trip has been really good for mommy.  Everyone says, "Enjoy it!"  What they really mean is, "Enjoy your time away from your kids!"  Guess what I learned?  I can't!

I can't enjoy being away from you.  At least not for this long!  I've only been gone a few days, and I already want to come home and squeeze you!  Sure, I've enjoyed reading, and eating food I didn't have to cook, and using the restroom with the door shut, but kiddos, this life is no real fun without you!

I want Jack to climb up in this big ole bed in the middle of the night and kick me to the edge.  I want to feel Caleb in my empty, aching arms.  I want to show Maddie all the beautiful, interesting flowers.  I want Parker to talk until my ears are tired about Legos, or video games, or the new friends he made in the airport.  Just fill up these big quiet rooms and my empty arms!

I am grateful beyond words for your amazing grandparents who agreed to have their own lives and households disrupted for two weeks and care for you.  I know they are showering you with attention and love.  This is a good experience for our family.  It gives us space and time to miss each other.

This has been good for mommy and daddy, too.  It gives us time to talk and do gross stuff, like kiss and hold hands.  And that stuff's important.  Because one day, you'll be gone for good.  Out of our house.  And that's okay.  God will give me time to get used to that idea and adjust.

You guys are just so little right now.  And it goes so fast.  I can't wait to see you, sweeties.  Be good for your grandparents.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment