When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


10/23/14

On a positive note...


Today was a great day on so many levels!  First, I left a group on a social media site that was creating a ton of negativity in my life.  I had joined the group to obtain information about the expat community in my new home, and to be fair, I did learn some very useful things.  However, on the whole, it was not good for me.  I allowed the "squeaky wheels" to color my view of all Singapore expats.

No more!  I will happily find my new friends one face-to-face encounter at a time.  I spent the entire day today with some awesome expats.  We went on an outing to the Gardens by the Bay children's park.  The park was truly incredible.  I've been to spray grounds before but none exactly like this.  It was huge!  Music was playing, and the kids were having so much fun, I decided to join in - fully clothed!


Then we went up inside these enormous tree-like structures crawling with beautiful vines and flowers and walked across a suspension skybridge for a gorgeous view of the city.




We finished with lunch and ice cream for the kids.  I didn't even get lost on the way home.  So thankful for such a positive day!

P.S. For those of you who might have been wondering, I never felt slighted or judged by anyone here.  My previous entries reflected my frustrations about expat comments regarding the treatment of their helpers (which I viewed as incredibly prejudiced and ugly).  In my pride, I, too, unfairly judged an entire group of people.





1 comment:

  1. Hi friend! That park was beautiful! It was so you to join the activities fully clothed! I miss you terribly! Your posts have gotten more positive and I hope that its a true reflection of improvement for you.
    I'm going to be here when you get settled; don't panic that we'll get out of sync/touch.
    Think of me as a spirit that's always with you...you just can't always hear me :)
    Much love your way!
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete