When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


1/21/16

Perspective

I find myself looking down.  A lot.  I see the top of your blond head, bent low to examine the sidewalk.  What will fit through this hole?


I bend low, too.  I watch your tiny fingers grasp even tinier bits of twigs and leaves, only to release them into the grate.  This can go on for hours.  And it's ok.  I love watching you discover.  I love your focus.  I love that little round head.


I want you to always share your discoveries and treasures with me.  I want to see them through your eyes.  Sand is a treat, not a nuisance.  Today we will lose our shoes, and I'll enjoy the sand, too.
Thank you!

You beg to go home.  I am frustrated with your screaming until I realize that you are really begging for a soft bed and a place to lay that sleepy head.  I lie beside you.  Will anyone ever love you as much as your momma?

Oh sweet little boy, you are still my baby.  See how your tiny hand curls as you sleep?  Yes, you are growing, but you are still my baby.  Thank you for sharing your day with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment