When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


7/20/14

Poop poem

Poop smears,
Mama tears.
Quiet evening disappears.

Disinfect and wash the seat,
Follow path of tiny feet.
Wash and clean and scrub the rugs.
"Don't count on a goodnight hug!"

Spray the cleaner, wipe the floors.
Mama rants and cleans some more.
Children hide behind the door.

Three year olds sometimes forget
Babies like to play in wet.
Mama rants...and then regrets.

Time to ditch the cleaning gear.
Kiss the cheek and dry the tear.
Quiet whispers in the ear:
"I love you...and I'm sorry, dear!"

Philippians 2:14 Do everything without complaining or arguing.




2 comments:

  1. I have always enjoyed reading your blog, you are a fantastic writer! A definite gift from God as the way you explain and describe the small/microscopic details of your children's habits and facial expressions, and there personalities and flaws - those are things that are noticed only by a mother. And to be able to capture that on paper - your words make my heart smile! I pray blessings on the day when you print these for your kids, i picture them all sitting down reading them together, and i am sure they will cry much more than I have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous, Thank you for your kind words. That is my hope...That my kids will read this when they are older and know how very much they were loved...and why I seemed so crazy at times!

    ReplyDelete