When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


4/6/10

Disgusting Discovery

If you recall, Maddie has an affinity for dipping the aptly named Stinky Bear into the toilet. Sad to say, this gross ritual continues. Given how frequently he is washed, I'd made peace with this previously disturbing situation...until today.

Why do kids do the things that they do? This is a rhetorical question. There are many things my children do, and for the life of me I can't figure out why. For the most part, I don't even care why anymore. So long as the behavior isn't dangerous, I just shrug and let them be.

However, it is time I take a stand. Stinky Bear is going to have a major overhaul, involving lots of bleach, and just when I think I'm done with him, I think I'll bleach him again.

See, today I caught a glimpse of Maddie's motivation for the potty-dunking. We were outside, and Parker and Maddie were splashing happily in the kiddie pool. Then Maddie got out, retrieved Stinky Bear from the steps, and dipped him in the water. No big deal. Maybe a little pee in there, but certainly no worse than the toilet, right? Then it happened....

She sucked him. Sucked the water right out of him. AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!! Gross! Gross! Gross! That must be what she's been doing all along!!!! I almost threw up when the revelation hit me. If she were able to sleep without him, he'd be toast. Unfortunately, he irreplaceable. Guess he'll just be few shades lighter when she sees him next.

No comments:

Post a Comment