When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


5/4/10

Bedtime Routines

They keep getting more and more elaborate. It used to be a bath, book and bed. Now it's bath or wash up at sink, brush teeth, use potty, get into pj's, go upstairs, sing Silent Night...
then Parker gets a story from Daddy while I take Maddie to her room - my favorite part of the day.

Holding her in my arms, we twirl around the room while I sing "Goodnight Sweetheart" - at least the bit I can remember from the movie Three Men and a Baby. She gives me a huge open-mouth grin and sloppy kisses and signs that she wants "more!" We spin and spin until we are dizzy, then we cuddle and kiss. It is the absolute best thing I can imagine. It is sweet memories like this I never want to forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment