When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


11/18/09

So Egocentric...

But I'm doing it anyway. Starting a blog. Swore I wouldn't do it. Said I didn't have the time, my life wasn't that interesting, it was too egocentric. But here's the thing - We live in Seattle. Nearly all of our family lives in Kentucky. And we had the audacity to have children...out here! Now everyone wants updates. I can understand that. I thought I was doing a pretty good job via Facebook. However, I keep getting hounded to start a family blog. So here it is.

See, I'm not really bitter about starting one. Because my son, Parker, is insane. He just turned 2 1/2 and he says the absolute craziest things. I don't want to forget them, but I don't know what happens to those old Facebook posts...Will I always be able to scroll back and read them? Will they *gasp* start making us pay for the service? I need a sapce where I can write this stuff down and keep it. And this way the grandparents, aunt and uncles can read it if they want. But guys, please don't feel like you have to respond. Seriously.

So, to give you an example of a Parkerism, a few days ago, I asked him to close a door upstairs. Me: Parker can you please close that door?
Parker: Um, no.
Me: Please?
Parker: Alright...(then, under his breath) Just doin' my job...All in a day's work.

The next day, I was upstairs, and I noticed he was downstairs and quiet (never a good sign).
Me: Parker, where are you, buddy?
Parker: I'm not down here eating none this candy!

And today,
Parker: I have a special key.
Me: Ooh, really? I'd like to see it...where is it?
Parker: (grunting and reaching where his hands do not belong). It's way down in my pants...It opens special things.

Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment