When your daily activities are in concert with your highest priorities, you have a credible claim to inner peace. – Hyrum Smith


11/20/09

Underage Drinking

Parker typically drinks apple juice. Recently we bought some cranberry-grape juice just to mix it up a little. Noticing its dark, purple color when I gave it to him at lunch, he asked, "Does this have alcohol in it?"

Let me explain...
Occasionally, my husband and I have a glass of wine with dinner. We told Parker it was "Mommy-daddy juice" and just for adults. Of course, that answer didn't satisfy him and he wanted to know why it was just for adults. We explained it had something in it called alcohol that was dangerous for children to drink.

So, I told him, "No," his juice did not have alcohol in it.
He insisted that it did.
I insisted that it didn't.
He sighed, and said in an exasperated voice, "Mom, I'm pretending!"

Great. What's next? Pretend keg-stands?

No comments:

Post a Comment